Flowers & Garden

1/24/2005

Gardening Catalogs~Start Planning for Spring!

Wow, my post for yesterday must have motivated the mailman because my Dutch Garden Catalog arrived in the mail today. The pictures are amazing and it makes me want to order a ton of stuff! I have flipped through the catalog several times already today and one of my favorites so far is called "Flamingo Begonias". This is what the catalog has to say about them:


Begonias

icon


"Beautiful as a flock of tropical birds, these cascading begonias are covered with delicate blooms in a host of elegant colors. There's a surprise every day as new flowers burst forth from their buds and flutter into life. Long stems bear gorgeous flowers for months on end. Magnificent blooms and beautiful foliage will transform your porch or patio into a beauty spot."

These flowers are recommended for hanging baskets, windowboxes, and pots. I think I will order some for a hanging basket for my front porch. As you can tell from my post yesterday, gardening catalogs; with their brilliant pictures, are a great way to plan for spring!

Note:
I found out that it can take up to three months for the tubers to bloom, so it is recommended that tubers are planted indoors at least a month before the last frost date. I need to order soon!